Once an order is entered by the Court, the parties must comply with it. When one person fails to do so, the other party can file an enforcement action, also known as a contempt proceeding. Enforcement suits are different depending on whether they concern custody, visitation, child support or property.

Enforcement Actions

The consequences of an enforcement action can be severe. It is extremely important to have a knowledgeable attorney representing you whether you are filing or defending an enforcement suit. Easley & Marquis attorneys have the experience and knowledge to advise you about your options and the potential consequences of an enforcement action.